ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite cache data size problem.
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:21:26 GMT
Hi Kevin,

I performed several experiments. Essentially, I put 1M entries of the class
you provided with fields initialized as follows:

for (int i = 0; i < 1_000_000; i++) {
    UniqueField field = new UniqueField();

    field.setDate(new Date());
    field.setGuid(UUID.randomUUID().toString());
    field.setMsg(String.valueOf(i));
    field.setNum(BigDecimal.valueOf(ThreadLocalRandom.current().nextDouble()));
    field.setOId(String.valueOf(i));
    field.setOrgId(String.valueOf(i));

    cache.put(i, field);
}

My results are:
1) Onheap, no indexes - about 400Mb is required to store 1M objects, or
~20Gb for 47M objects.
2) Onheap, with indexes - about 650Mb, or ~30Gb for 47M objects.
3) Offheap, with indexes - about 400Mb offheap memory is required, or ~20Gb
for all your objects.

Could you please provide more information on the error you receive? Also,
you could try load entries in a batches of a well-defined size (say, 1M),
and see what happens to the system. I expect you should see similar numbers.

Vladimir.