ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: C++ Distributed cache for caching files
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:22:01 GMT

IGFS is a Hadoop-compliant distributed file system. If your application can
work with Hadoop file systems, then you can just setup IGFS on top of it
and cache data from Hadoop file system.
If you want to employ a kind of POSIX distributed file system, such as NFS,
IGFS is not able to work with it at the moment, though we have it on the

As per parformance of straigtforward solution with cache<string, byte*> or
cache<string, string>, it is really hard to say what will be the
performance gain, because it strongly depends on actual data distribution.
You'd better try it, and share your performance numbers and configuration.
We will analyze it and give recommendations.