ignite-user mailing list archives

From Shaun Mcginnity <shaun.mcginn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache write-through for backup entries
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 13:26:23 GMT
Hi Val,

thanks for the reply.

My use-case is as follows: I have a small cache (say 100000 entries) across
3 processes. I don't have a shared backend store. If I have one primary and
one backup then I can recover from a failure of 1 processes. But I can't
recover from a failure of 2 processes. If I could write the cache to disk
then I could recover from 2 or more processes failing, although at the risk
of losing some data that was in-flight at the time of a crash.

I know it is an extreme case but it is being raised in our design

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM, vkulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>