ignite-user mailing list archives

From Shaomin Zhang <Shaomin.Zh...@tudor.com>
Subject RE: loadCache takes long time to complete with million rows
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:38:42 GMT
Hi Arthi

I am loading large (not as large as yours) number of records into cache too, and trying to
understand the performance. I use data streamer to load around 3M records into the cache in
about 20 minutes including read from database and put into the cache. From the log file, I
can see putting objects into cache takes nearly all the time. I am running multiple nodes
on more than one hardware boxes, there might be so network cost, but it is roughly takes 0.4ms
per put. What are the measures in your case?

Val, what is the typical performance in get/put operations in Ignite?

-----Original Message-----
From: arthi [mailto:Arthi.Kasturirangan.ap@nielsen.com]
Sent: 26 April 2016 13:00
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: loadCache takes long time to complete with million rows

hi Val,

There is enough heap available. I initiated the process using 10g and the utilization is below

This email, its contents, and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the
addressee(s) and may be confidential and legally privileged. We do not waive any confidentiality
by misdelivery. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it. You should not copy it, forward it or otherwise use the contents, attachments
or information in any way. Any liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted
by law.

Tudor Capital Europe LLP (TCE) is authorised and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority
(the FCA). TCE is registered as a limited liability partnership in England and Wales No: OC340673
with its registered office at 10 New Burlington Street, London, W1S 3BE, United Kingdom

View raw message