ignite-user mailing list archives

From Shaomin Zhang <Shaomin.Zh...@tudor.com>
Subject Off-heap memory usage questions
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:24:26 GMT
Hi

I am trying to use OFFHEAP_TIERED caches, and have this setting for the memory <property
name="offHeapMaxMemory" value="#{10 * 1024L * 1024L * 1024L}"/>, virtual memory is disenabled.
I have a couple questions:

1. Does this mean that 10G off-heap memory is allocated for each cache? If I have two Ignite
instances on a single hard node, 20G will be allocated? What if there is not enough memory
(REM) ?
2. I am using CacheMetrics. getOffHeapAllocatedSize() to report the size of the off-heap memory
used. Is the reported value for the single JVM, for the all the Ignite JMVs on the single
hardware node or for the whole cluster composed of server hardware nodes?

Thanks

Shaomin

This email, its contents, and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the
addressee(s) and may be confidential and legally privileged. We do not waive any confidentiality
by misdelivery. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it. You should not copy it, forward it or otherwise use the contents, attachments
or information in any way. Any liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted
by law.

Tudor Capital Europe LLP (TCE) is authorised and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority
(the FCA). TCE is registered as a limited liability partnership in England and Wales No: OC340673
with its registered office at 10 New Burlington Street, London, W1S 3BE, United Kingdom