ignite-user mailing list archives

From vijayendra bhati <veejayend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Data Grid with write through mode to HDFS with layer of IGFS
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:29:28 GMT
Hi Vladimir,Not really, we do not want to store historical data in cache or may be cache it
for few hours and then evict it.But if recent data is missing in cache then yes we want to
cache it.So it would require some custom caching logic to decide which data to cache.So seems
like storing historical data in persistent storage seems reasonable.The only thing is I have
to use ignite cache as side cache rather than a write through cache to HDFS, because i dont
think it would be nice idea to store individual key value pair in cache.May be can think about
HBase bt not directly to HDFS.
Regards,Vij
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 14 Apr, 2016 at 7:26 pm, Vladimir Ozerov<vozerov@gridgain.com> wrote:   Hi
Vij,
Storing hot recent data in cache, and historical data in persistent store sounds like a perfectly
reasonable idea.
If you decide to store historical data in HDFS, then you should be able to construct HDFS
path from the key because store interface accepts keys to store/load data. If this is possible,
then I do not see any obvious problems with this approach.
On the other hand, do you want this historical data to be cached on access?
Vladimir.