ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: how to check whether server and client connected?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:48:09 GMT
Ravi,

To connect from a client to the cluster consisting of server nodes you need to provide the
client node with a list of server nodes addresses through IP finder. Please refer to this
doc
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery

—
Denis

> On Apr 13, 2016, at 9:15 PM, Vladislav Pyatkov <vpyatkov@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ravi,
>
> Why are you not using Ignite client (<property name="clientMode" value="true"/>)
node for access to cluster?
> Client node special created for using as gateway: doesn't sores data and doesn't compute
job by default.

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Ravi kumar Puri <ravikumarpuri04@gmail.com <mailto:ravikumarpuri04@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> How do i connect to client with my server . Tell me something related to port or host
adrzs

> On 13-Apr-2016 17:46, "Alexei Scherbakov" <alexey.scherbakoff@gmail.com <mailto:alexey.scherbakoff@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every Ignite node works either in server or client mode.
> Server nodes actually contain data and perform grid tasks, while client nodes provide
API for working with server nodes remotely.
> Refer to https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers>
for details.

> Note: where is a notion of "near" cache, which may be useful on client nodes for speeding
up access to frequently accessed data.