ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get ignite context (Ignite) in servlet web app
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 00:34:57 GMT
Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

anas4120 wrote
> I need to access ignite from webapp application (servlet). How can I do
> that ?

You should start a client node within your application using
Ignition.start() method. You can then use Ignite instance it returns to
access the cluster. See [1] for information about how to start servers and
clients.

Another option is to use ServletContextListenerStartup [2] and configure it
as a servlet context listener. It will start Ignite instance during the
application startup. To acquire this instance in the application code, use
Ignition.ignite() method.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers
[2]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.5.0.final/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/startup/servlet/ServletContextListenerStartup.html