ignite-user mailing list archives

From colinc <colinmcass...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ignite Client Blocks On Ignite Server Restart
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:46:44 GMT
I'm experiencing something very similar to this. In my case, I have a load
test that is causing transaction contention. I don't see the problem when
transactions are switched off, even at high load. The transactions are
cross-cache if that's relevant at all.

The contention causes (expected) errors like the one below but the cluster
continues to work as normal until (in my case) destroyCache() is called. I'm
doing this in order to test different cache configurations.

At this point, the cluster effectively stops responding. Operations from
client nodes are not serviced - even if new nodes are added to the cluster -
until all the original nodes are killed.

I have been unable to replicate the problem with a simple test - even one
that creates e.g. an OptimisticLockFailureException. It seem to require this
level of contention before the problem occurs.

Failed to execute compound future reducer: Compound future listener []class
org.apache.ignite.internal.transactions.IgniteTxTimeoutCheckedException:
Failed to acquire lock within provided timeout for transaction
[timeout=1000,
tx=org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.GridDhtTxLocalAdapter$1@49550672]
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxLocalAdapter$PostLockClosure1.apply(IgniteTxLocalAdapter.java:3943)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.IgniteTxLocalAdapter$PostLockClosure1.apply(IgniteTxLocalAdapter.java:3895)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.future.GridEmbeddedFuture$2.applyx(GridEmbeddedFuture.java:91)

Regards,
Colin.