ignite-user mailing list archives

From bintisepaha <binti.sep...@tudor.com>
Subject Re: Client fails to connect - joinTimeout vs networkTimeout
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 21:15:28 GMT
Val, thanks for the quick response

1. I tried removing all the legacySettings and just using failureDetection
of 5 seconds and the client still hangs forever if the cluster is down.
2. Our clients are existing java apps that save orders to the database and
now to the grid too. If the grid is down, we don't want clients to stop
working, we want it to report an error and proceed further. without
specifying joinTimeout, this is not possible.
3. Is it ok if both server and client use the same TcpDsicoverySpi? I am not
using TcpCommunicationSpi anywhere.

Also, the clients were originally able to connect to grid fine, slowly over
time we are unable to establish new random connections. So it looks like the
grid becomes unstable over time.

Thanks,
Binti