ignite-user mailing list archives

From dmreshet <dmres...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: BinaryObject performance issue
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:01:37 GMT
I need BinaryObject to process ScanQueries on data with dynamic categories
list. There are 30 different categories at current case.
My Task is to calculate amount of persons in each category, so *map* is not
working for me.

try (QueryCursor cursor = cache.query(new ScanQuery<Long, BinaryObject>((k,
p) -> p.hasField(category)))) {
            for (Object o : cursor)
                counter += 1;
}

I see that it is possible to use another data structure: <(Long)CategoryId,
List<(Long)PersonId>>. In this case my task will be calculated very fast.
But this solution is very spesific for this task and I will not be able to
reuse this data structure. So I want to undestand if I can use <Long,
BinaryObject> to solve this task, because it looks like more general
solution.

As you said that each update may be cause of metadata update I have do sort
of categories before puch them to cache. It looks that it partialy helps,
now it takes* 44 seconds *to put 5 000 elements in cache.

Is there any way to improve performance?