ignite-user mailing list archives

From AJoshua <ali.joshua....@gmail.com>
Subject I have problems with balancing cache partitioning among nodes
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 19:04:40 GMT
so here goes to the senario, we can assume from the examples of gridgain
tutorial.
We have a person cache and I want to have only 8 partitions and all persons
should be distributed among these partitions. we can imagine, I have 8
companies in which each person belongs to one of those but I have no company
cache, only a key ’compKey' of type long. I have assigned @AffinityKeyMapped
to compKey.

The problem is if I have two node so the data is partitioned unbalanced i.e.
Node 1 keeps all compKey {2.4} and its people while Node 2 keeps compKey
{1,3,5,6,7,8} in most case in this form.
so if we write 1,000 people, exactly the same number of each org Key i.e.
125 of each, so people are balanced between node1 and 2 {250 respectively
750}