ignite-user mailing list archives

From rajs123 <rajlaxmi...@gmail.com>
Subject C++ Distributed cache for caching files
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:54:08 GMT
Hi,

In my current program, I frequently need multiple files. Those files are
currently loaded in NFS server and I access files through that. I want to
move to a distributed system, where there are multiple machines and files
will be distributed in cache of those machines.

Is there any way to do that using ignite?

I understand this can be achieved using igfs. However it is implemented in
java and there is no c++ library for that.

I initially tried using cache<string, string> of (filename, contents). What
would be performance of such an approach?
My file sizes are typically 20-50MB.
Is there any work around?