ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What does mean caching database exactly ?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:25:34 GMT

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

tomk wrote
> I consider caching database (postgresSQL).
> However, I don't understand way of working ignite, although I looked for
> docs.
> Tell me please,
> Is it possible to cache into RAM table from postgres SQL and fastly answer
> to SQL queries ? The aim is make it faster to query postgres.
> I managed to establish connection with postgres (JDBC). (I separately
> created jdbc connection and create data source from that).  Now, I would
> like to cache into RAM memory entire table (using this JDBC connection) .
> Consequently, thanks to caching to memory RAM I am going to query postgres
> by SQL with low latencies.
> I am not sure if my way is good
> I am looking at  example:
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/store/jdbc

If you run SQL in Ignite, it touches only data that is already in memory. So
you have to load the whole data set that you're going to work with into
Ignite cache prior to running the queries. But this should give you good
performance improvement.

The data can be loaded from the Postgres as well as any other storage. For
details refer to this page: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading