ignite-user mailing list archives

From "kevin.zheng" <zhengqingzh...@huawei.com>
Subject Ignite Sql Query performance problem
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 09:04:11 GMT
Hi there,
I am a new ignite user. I noticed that the sql query performance is much
slower that the general cache.get(x) method. In my case, I run a simple
query twice: in the first time, I called a sql query 100 times and it toke
235ms( average 23.5ms per sql); in the second time, I called the query 1000
times and it toke 9162ms (average 9.1ms per sql).
but if I called get method from cache, it toke no time (0ms) to get the
result.

I have two questions:
1. is it normal to have 10 ~ 20 ms to get a sql query result?
2. if I want to speed up the sql query, what  should I do?

by the way, I did notice * Mr. Sergi Vladykin*'s  explaination :

/Basically Ignite SQL works the following way:
It receives SQL query parses it into AST, then splits this query in two
parts:
map and reduce. Map query runs on each participating cache node, reduce
query aggregates results received from all nodes running map query.
In reduce query you will see function __Z0() which is basically
a function that returns results of map queries from all the nodes./

can anyone give me a detailed explanation on how Ignite SQL query works?