ignite-user mailing list archives

From dstieglitz <dstiegl...@stainlesscode.com>
Subject Behavior of init() for clustered singleton
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:58:12 GMT
Hi folks:

We're trying to deploy a clustered singleton service. In our Service
implementation object we have a reference to another object that is
initialized in the init() method.

We've observed that upon topology change, this object can go "null."

What is the correct way to initialize objects like this? According to the
example, it's done in the init() method (which we are doing now), but this
seems to cause an issue on topology change. Is init() called again when the
service has to migrate to a new node?

Dan