ignite-user mailing list archives

From kberthelot <kberthe...@gmail.com>
Subject getAndRemove type functionality using queries
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:43:42 GMT
Is there a way to grab and remove entries from the cache using a query as
opposed to referencing the key directly with cache.getAndRemove()? I need to
be able to query for a single entry using a field other than the key and
have the entry removed (i.e. not returned when other threads perform the
same query). The use case is that I have multiple entries with the same
field value. I need to be able to query for a single entry that matches the
query and remove it so that no other threads (or nodes) executing that query
return the same entry (i.e. they'll get a different entry that matches the
query). I may be able to do what I need with an EntryProcessor that changes
the value of the queried field provided that 1) no other thread blocks
waiting for that entry and 2) the EntryProcessor returns the object that it
modified. I'm not sure if that's possible, but any guidance would be