ignite-user mailing list archives

From abarbaro <abarb...@powercosts.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Cache - High Memory Overhead caused by GridCircularBuffer$Item instances
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 20:04:49 GMT
Ok, I have done more research and I think I understand the effect of these
two parameters.  I think my original question is resolved.

Also, I have found that this parameter has a huge performance impact as
well:

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
		<property name="eagerTtl" value="false"/>
</bean>

When eagerTtl is true (default), Ignite will start a thread per cache to try
to delete entries as quick as possible.  I was running tests with 1,000
caches and the number of threads was overwhelming the nodes.

Thanks for all your help!