ignite-user mailing list archives

From alexGalushka <alexander.galus...@emc.com>
Subject Ignite terminology
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:04:58 GMT
Hello Ignite community!

I read through the Ignite docs a few times and was playing with Ignite for a
few weeks.
But I still can't figure out the Ignite terminology...

What are definitions and relations of the following: grid, grid instance,
ignite cluster (cluster), ignite node (node)?
I feel like in the Ignite context grid and cluster are interchangeably
terms, but still not 100% sure about it.

How to make the nodes belong to the same cluster (/grid, if the term is
interchangeable)? Setting the same gridName seems to do it:

I see 2 nodes in the collection and with the correct node IDs.

But I'm confused by the .ignite(...) java doc, which says: "Note that caller
of this method should not assume that it will return the same instance every
time. Grid name defines what grid a particular grid instance (and
correspondingly its node) belongs to"