ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Topic Based Messaging
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:44:19 GMT
Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Her is the instruction:

hemanta wrote
> I have two machines with one configured as ignite server and other as
> client. Can I reply on Ignite Topic Based Messaging for sending messages
> from client to server? What would happen when server is down or restarting
> and client wants to send a message?
>
> Are these topics durable? Will it store message till the time server comes
> up?

Messages are sent asynchronously, so there is no delivery guarantee. I think
you should take a look at Compute Grid [1], which supports failover between
nodes. Can you please check if it can help with your use case?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid

-Val