ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: about mr accelerator question.
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 05:37:25 GMT
Hi,

The fact that you can work with 29G cluster with only 8G of memory might be
caused by the following things:
1) Your job doesn't use all data form cluster and hence caches only part of
it. This is the most likely case.
2) You have eviction policy configured for IGFS data cache.
3) Or may be you use offheap.
Please provide the full XML configuration and we will be able to understand
it.

Anyways, your initial question was about out-of-memory. Could you provide
exact error message? Is it about heap memory or may be permgen?

As per execution time, this depends on your workload. If there are lots map
tasks and very active work with data, you will see improvement in speed. If
there are lots operations on file system (e.g. mkdirs, move, etc.) and very
little amount of map jobs, chances there will be no speedup at all. Provide
more details on the job you test and type of data you use and we will be
able to give you more ideas on what to do.

Vladimir.