ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two nodes in one JVM/Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 21:09:11 GMT
Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Here is the instruction:

hemanta wrote
> Hi All,
>
> We have two web applications (A and B) running in a single instance of
> tomcat and they rely heavily on each other. They share few classes between
> them but not all. I am looking for best ignite configuration for this
> scenario.
>
> Few approaches which I tried:
> 1. A and B both configured as server in replicated mode.
> Problem with this is that it increases memory foot print. Data copied in
> node B cache may never be required.
> 2. A as server and B as client:
> Problem with this is getting data from B is comparatively slower than
> server server mode.
>
> Please suggest the best approach that I can try.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Are applications going to share the data set? If yes, just start one Ignite
node and access it from both application. This node can be either server, in
which it will store the data, or client connected to a remote cluster.

If applications are working with different data, I would configure discovery
so that they don't join the same cluster (see [1]).

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#isolated-ignite-clusters-on-the-same-set-of-machin

-Val