ignite-user mailing list archives

From alexGalushka <alexander.galus...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Reducing memory footprint
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:09:15 GMT

Here is a bit more info, we are building an API gateway and planning on
using either Ignite or Hazelcast as our cluster management paltform (it's
embedded with Vert.x though). Based on the  comparison
<http://ignite.apache.org/use-cases/compare/hazelcast.html>   and particular
Ignite features that we are interested in such as "scaling without cluster
restart", "nodes grouping", "dynamic cluster groups definitions based on
predicates" Apache Ignite is the winner. At the same time it seems to have
much larger memory footprint.

Answering your following up questions:

We should be able to handle up to 16 nodes.
We expect no more than 5-6 caches in the whole system.
The amount of cached data will not be the gigabyte range, probably will be
less than 1Gb.

The configuration is default, I've also tried to reduce initial cache to
very lower numbers, like 10Mb, but it seems not to have any effect on the
memory footprint.