ignite-user mailing list archives

From bsmets <bart.sm...@inventivegroup.com>
Subject Atomicity mode and read-after-write consistency
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 15:32:46 GMT
I have a question about consistency between nodes in an ignite cluster. We
are writing entries into an ignite cache on one node and reading the same
entry on another node just 1 second later but we observe that this second
node does not yet contain the entry. Is this normal behaviour?

Note that we are not using any transactions.

I read on http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.2/docs/transactions that even
when using atomic mode, atomicity and consistency across nodes is
guaranteed. Does this mean that reads after a write are always guaranteed to
return the written value?