ignite-user mailing list archives

From edwardkblk <edward.kaganov...@blackrock.com>
Subject RE: ignite cache-api licensing issue
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:53:24 GMT
Can't say I'm a license expert but it was pointed out by my legal department.
Here is my understanding of the issue:  Anyone who would like to use
apache-ignite is now forced to accept the license of cache-api-1.0.0.jar.
That license pretty much does not permit the use of the cache-api beyond the
evaluation or implementation purposes.  Hence apache-ignite or any other
implementations with the runtime dependency on cache-api-1.0.0.jar can not
be used beyond the evaluation.  Here is a link to more details from the
issue raised in jsr107 space:
https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues/333 .  Based on this discussion
the options seems to be either to change cache-api-1.0.0.jar licensing to
Apache 2.0 (hopefully this is possible) or change apache-ignite to use
geronimo-jcache_1.0_spec which is apache JCache API.