ignite-user mailing list archives

From lieven <lieven.mer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Orchestration framework / Actor framework with Apache Ignite
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 15:54:35 GMT
Alexander,

so if I understand well, you're running vert.x inside a Ignite node and use the vertx eventbus
across the nodes for work distribution.

Our use case is financial order processing , where the web front-end layers ( outside the
Ignite cluster ) will invoke a REST Api ( vert.x inside the cluster ) to handle the execution
of orders.

The Ignite cluster will be used to offload the back-end mainframes by : caching all customer
information and handle the orchestration/workflow. The workflows for a single order will invoke
multiple steps : collect additional information on authorization, verify authenticity of transactions,
validate transactions in their context, update back-ends and provide status info on the order
execution. Some of these workflow steps can be parallel executed , but need to be all successful
to continue the order. So we are looking at the best way to handle these synchronization points
and async event processing.

Lieven

> On 30-mrt.-2016, at 17:18, "alexGalushka [via Apache Ignite Users]" <ml-node+s70518n3791h7@n6.nabble.com>
wrote:

> Lieven,
>
> We plan to have a cluster of 16 nodes and the dynamic node groups using Ignite predicate.
Each node will have the API Gateway, but only will be active at a time (floating IP). API
Gateway will manage incoming HTTP requests. Each node is identical and will have same set
of microservices. Orchestration will happen in the sense that any node can process the job
depending on its current load.

> We'd like to talk to nodes directly using Ignite compute as well as send vertx messages
across the clustered event bus.

> Each node will be represented by a docker container with isolated JVM, running one Vert.x
instance. So we'll end up with one Ignite instance per node.