ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: changed cache configuration and restarted server nodes. Getting exception.
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:34:25 GMT
Hi Vinay,

It looks like we have several problems here.

First, Visor clear task doesn't work. Most probably this relates to Ignite
internal components serialization problem which is currently being fixed as
a part of IGNITE-2649 ticket.

Second - the main problem:

org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectException: Cannot find metadata
for object with compact footer: -135842108

It looks like something is wrong with binary serialization of your objects.
Please add the following XML snippet to your XML configuration and restart
nodes. It should help:

<property name="binaryConfiguration">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.BinaryConfiguration">
        <property name="compactFooter" value="false"/>
    </bean>
</property>

Though, this is not the solution, but rather a workaround. In order to
understand the root cause we need exact steps to reproduce the problem. Is
it possible to provide the source code of the key and value classes you put
into cache?

Vladimir.