ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating From Hazelcast Service Interface To Apache Ignite Service Interface
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 07:19:43 GMT
In my view Ignite service grid supports a lot more than Hazelcast and
provides much simpler API for it.

   1. You can deploy service on any single node in the cluster, any cluster
   group, or on the whole grid.

   2. Ignite Service is not a wrapper around cache. It can have any user
   logic within a service and access any kind of data structure provided by
   Ignite. For example, your service can access several Ignite caches, or
   queues, issue computations on the grid, etc, etc.

   3. Ignite service grid supports a rich deployment model. In addition to
   deploying any number of services on any node, you can also use convenient
   service deploy methods on Ignite API to deploy cluster-singletons,
   node-singletons, and key-singletons.

   4. Ignite series can be accessed locally on the servers they are
   deployed on and remotely. In case of remote access, Ignite will still
   provide you with the same deployed service API, but will proxy the calls
   internally to the servers on which the services are deployed.

   5. You can use Ignite services in sticky or non-sticky mode. In case of
   sticky mode, Ignite will always proxy service API calls to the same remote
   server. For non-sticky usage, Ignite will automatically load-balance
   service invocations among the service that have the service deployed.

As Valentin suggested, if you describe your use case, will may be able to
suggest in more detail how it can be implemented with Ignite.

D.