ignite-user mailing list archives

From Steve Scheck <ssch...@silverspringnet.com>
Subject Race condition in IgniteScheduler.nextExecutionTime()
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:38:06 GMT
It seems there is a race condition between the IgniteScheduler scheduleLocal() and nextExecutionTime()
methods, so that nextExecutionTime() sometimes reports the current execution time when called
from with the closure being executed by scheduleLocal() - my hypothesis is that the data structures
for determining next execution time are being updated by a different thread just after the
closure is executed. When I insert a Thread.sleep() with a short delay into my scheduled closure
implementation, the intermittent inaccurate next execution time goes away.

Has anybody else observed such behavior? Can someone on the development team confirm if the
code contains such a race condition?

Thanks.