ignite-user mailing list archives

From David Puebla Garcia <David.Pueblagar...@infor.com>
Subject RE: Integration issue with enyimmecached client
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 03:42:51 GMT
Hi Val,

My point is that the client is entitled to used whatever flag it wants to describe its data.
The spec describes that those should be opaque to the server. In this case the client flags
the strings in a way that ignite interprets as Boolean.

There is no specification describing which flag should be used for each data type.

My first attempt to use ignite would be as in place replacement to memcached. So this is what
I was testing.
I can definitely explore using ignite's client but for some of the applications it would be
nice to use memcached interfaces out of the box.

Thank you

From: vkulichenko [valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 9:24 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integration issue with enyimmecached client

Hi David,

Are you saying that the client sends the value with the boolean type flag
set which causes it to be saved as a boolean in the cache? It sounds like a
client issue, no? Let me know if I'm missing something.

Actually, is it a requirement for you to use memcached client? Can you
switch to native Ignite API (see example [1])? It will give you a lot of
additional features and will give much better performance.