ignite-user mailing list archives

From Steve Scheck <ssch...@silverspringnet.com>
Subject Re: Exception on Ignite cluster shutdown
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:47:22 GMT
It’s all quite standard as far as I can tell. An external control process sends SIGTERM to
the JVM, which initiates the Spring application context shutdown hook, which eventually results
in the destroy() method on IgniteSpringBean being invoked, from which I presume normal cluster
shutdown is triggered.

From: Denis Magda
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 11:44 AM
To: "user@ignite.apache.org<mailto:user@ignite.apache.org>"
Subject: Re: Exception on Ignite cluster shutdown

Hi Steve,

In general this is exception is harmless and it won't affect consistency of caches or stability
of the cluster.

However it's interesting why it happens. Do you process SIGTERM using a shutdown hook in your?
Do you call Ignite.stop() for every node or how do you stop Ignite cluster?

Regards,
Denis

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Steve S. <sscheck@silverspringnet.com<mailto:sscheck@silverspringnet.com>>