ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ferry Syafei Sapei <ferry.sa...@googlemail.com>
Subject Optimizing data model to be stored in data grid with less cache size
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:23:50 GMT
If I have for instance the following data model to be persisted in the data grid:

class Person {
	String accountNumber;	// accountNumber is also the cache key
	String name;
	String birthday;
	String addressPostcode;

Should I replace the String data type to another data type in order to reduce the cache size?

Does Ignite perform some optimization when it persists the data in the cache?

I tried the following optimizations, but they did not really affect the cache size:
- replace accountNumber’s data type to long
- replace name's data type to byte[]
- replace birthday’s data type to long
View raw message