ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite in memory to replicate DB
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:24:14 GMT
Hi Asvin,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Please follow this instruction:

Ashwin wrote
> I am dealing with billion of records in my DB, I need to replicate my DB
> in some in memory cache, so my performance I can make any CRUD operations
> faster. My requirement would be load from DB, cache it and then show to
> UI. If any changes coming in from UI, it should go to cache and then to
> DB. I should be able to search/sort anything. Is it possible in ignite?
> How can load billion of records from DB to ignite?

Interaction with the DB is done via CacheStore interface [1]. You can
implement your own version or use automatic persistence feature provided out
of the box [2].
For information about data loading refer to [3].
For indexed search and ordering you can use SQL queries [4].

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/automatic-persistence
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading
[4] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries