ignite-user mailing list archives

From Kobe <...@mailcity.com>
Subject Blob persistence performance: IGFS vs Oracle
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 22:39:57 GMT
Hello..

I am comparing the persistence of large blobs (megabytes) in Oracle
relational database vs. IGFS (1.5.0.final, DUAL_ASYNC, backed by secondary
filesystem) on a 64 bit, 16GB RAM, 8 core RHEL6 VM.

I notice that the other parameters remaining constant, the time to persist
the same blob in Oracle is a good 200 to 300ms faster than the time needed
to persist the same blob on IGFS.

I am trying to investigate this further. However, are there any obvious
factors that may explain this paradox with IGFS? Is it possible that the
buffering of data by Oracle server in its shared memory is more efficient
that my attempt to persist the blob in IGFS?

Has anyone else encountered this surprising result?

thanks,

/Kobe