ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache Updates Order
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 06:53:34 GMT
amit2103 wrote
> I have a problem with Subscription. I have a yahoo mail id and the mail
> never reaches me. Checked Spam too.

Is it possible to use another email?

amit2103 wrote
> When I fetch some item from a Transactional cache during an ongoing
> transaction, that entry is added to the txmap. I think this is wrong
> shouldnt entries be put in the transaction in the order they are put in
> the caches. That helps us to keep ordering in the way we need to.

txmap is a LinkedHashMap, so the updates are ordered. Moreover, we have
tests for exactly your case, but without Spring manager. For now I don't see
any other possible reason for the issue rather than these two updates
enlisted in different transactions. This can be due to some bug in
transaction manager or incorrect configuration and/or usage. Anyway,
reproducible example would be really useful.

amit2103 wrote
> Secondly Ignite SpringTransactionmanager does not implement transaction
> suspension. This shouldnt be very difficult to implement but is a
> necessary feature to have. Can we have this feature?

I don't think this is easy to support, because Ignite transactions are
thread-local. You can't suspend and start another transaction in the same
thread. What is your use case for this feature?