ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating From Hazelcast Service Interface To Apache Ignite Service Interface
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 21:54:09 GMT
Hi Gareth,

First of all, Ignite provides IndexingSpi interface [1] that you can
implement to support custom query language and custom indexing
implementation. The SPI will be used when a special type of query, SpiQuery
[2], is executed. Is this something that can help you? Let us know if you
have follow up questions.

Also it's not completely clear which Hazelcast APIs you are referring to.
Since you mentioned partitions, it looks like you're using caches. Is there
something on the cache API that is provided by Hazelcast, but not Ignite?
Internally Ignite cache does not follow thread-per-partition model, but this
is just an implementation detail. We use other mechanisms to ensure data
consistency, and I am not sure I understand your concern here. Am I missing
something?

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/1.5.0.final/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/indexing/IndexingSpi.html
[2]