ignite-user mailing list archives

From gcollins <gareth.o.coll...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating From Hazelcast Service Interface To Apache Ignite Service Interface
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 02:04:05 GMT
Hello,

We have an existing application which takes advantage of the Hazelcast SPI
interface. The Hazelcast SPI interface allowed us to create a quite complex
distributed service allowing us to manage our own memory, migrations and how
we would like to replicate (hazelcast just managed where partitions were on
the cluster and made sure that access on a single partition was always
single-threaded).

I have now been asked to migrate this existing service to Apache Ignite.
Having a quick read of the Ignite service documentation I don't see that I
could have anywhere near that level of control (it looks like custom
services are really just wrappers around IgniteCache). Is that correct? Or
am I just looking in the wrong place? I am probably missing something
obvious here.

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins