ignite-user mailing list archives

From diopek <deha.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Converting REST service to Ignite Service Grid
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 18:23:45 GMT
One of our projects is currently using a HTTP/JSON REST service to provide
read-only access capability for multiple hierarchy trees (geography,
business segment, legal entity etc.) for different dates.
Currently this service is only deployed on JEE app server that runs on 2
nodes cluster.
As current load to access this service is getting increased and also dynamic
deployment capability to support multiple dates for different hierarchy maps
is also part of new requirements, moving these static REST services to
Iginite Service grid is under consideration.
As current client applications for this REST service is using Spring REST
template to access existing service, moving to Ignite based solution impact
would be update all the client code to Ignite Service grid api.
Hence, I'd like to hear your comments/suggestions (any pros/cons, better
practices) regarding this architectural change that we are considering for
our project. Thanks,