ignite-user mailing list archives

From bsmets <bart.sm...@inventivegroup.com>
Subject Re: Cache inserts in full offheap
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 13:01:45 GMT

We don't use any Near caches. You can find our configuration on this gist:

Note that we know that these settings are ridiculous for any serious
production environment but we are just interested in what happens when the
offheap gets filled up. We would expect to see the entries that are being
evicted to be written to disk (bypassing the writebehind settings) so they
don't get lost when they get evicted as they have no where else to go (swap
disabled). However, we observed that no files are getting written to disk,
the cache contains only the last X offheap entries with others evicted BUT
all entries are still accessible and can be retrieved just fine. Maybe this
is just a weird case of luck with memory not being cleared yet? (Although
this experiment is repeatable with the same result every time..)