ignite-user mailing list archives

From vinshar <vinsharma.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Data grid Load balancing
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:06:35 GMT

I found above documentation on load balancing but i am still not clear and
have following queries

1) How load is balanced between server nodes when a lot of clients are
trying to run queries or get / put values in a cache? do we consider each
query / get / put as a task and by default use round robin scheduling?
2) How load is managed in more complex scenarios where data affinity also
has to be considered and caches are replicated? if round robin scheduling is
used on a cluster with 2 server node and if multiple clients try to fetch
same cache value (by id) from a replicated cache then half of the clients
will try fetching data from a server node which may not have it.
3) What are different ways in which i can override or customize load
4) who makes the decision that which server node to be used to fetch or put
data in cache? is it client node?

Any links to documentation or code explaining above points will be a great

Vinay Sharma