ignite-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder's isShared property
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 20:13:37 GMT
It does now! Thank you!

Andrey

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:10:15 -0800
Subject: Re: TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder's isShared property
From: valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com
To: user@ignite.apache.org

Andrey,
Setting shared=true for TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder means that nodes can discover each other only
within one JVM, when all nodes use the same instance of IP finder. The shared "storage" in
this case is just a local collection. We use this heavily in unit tests, for example.
TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder with shared=false is how it's usually used. There is no shared storage,
so addresses have to be statically provided in the configuration.

shared=false for any other IP finder doesn't make any sense, because they use some kind of
storage by definition (e.g., JDBC or S3). This should be clarified in docs.
Makes sense?
-Val