ignite-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hoffman <m...@mhoffman.org>
Subject Re: Ignite "bugs" ?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:31:04 GMT
Using System.properties() to store non-strings is really poor behavior. It
violates the contract of the System.setProperty and System.getProperty, as
well as the contract of the Properties object itself, from right at the top
of the javadoc:  "Each key and its corresponding value in the property list
is a string."
I've hit something like that in Hibernate before, years ago; I'm surprised
they haven't fixed it yet. It's a long-standing bug in Hibernate. Not to
say Ignite shouldn't have a workaround for badly-behaved libraries that do
things like that, but it's definitely a Hibernate bug.

Someone else will have to talk the locking behavior you're seeing. Are you
starting Ignite more than once in parallel in that case?