ignite-user mailing list archives

From Yann BLAZART <yann.blaz...@externe.bnpparibas.com>
Subject RE: Ignite "bugs" ?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:36:32 GMT
I will do ASAP. I have some support case for now.

Thanks for your help :)

Regarding the System.properties, I've made my own patch in my code by filtering System.properties
hashtable before calling ignite start, then I restore values... Ugly, but working.

From: Denis Magda [mailto:dmagda@gridgain.com]
Sent: mercredi 13 janvier 2016 16:26
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Hi Yann,

Could you provide thread dumps from all the nodes? It should help to see the place that "locket"
the execution.

On 1/13/2016 4:23 PM, Yann BLAZART wrote:
Hello everybody.

I'm currently evaluation Ignite vs Hazelcast on a poc.

I'm facing some issues.
I'm coding some integration/unit test using the ApplicationComposer of TomEE 7.0.0. I have
no problem with Hazelcast on it.

*         The first one is when I'm start Ignite in the applicationComposer (with a CDI @Produces),
Ignite complain about some System.properties that are not String :

it try to "serialize" System.properties by using System.getProperties().store(new PrintWriter(sw));

In fact, TomEE (as other framework like hibernate) use System.properties to store prop objects.

So I made something to remove this properties before Ignite start and recover its after. Well.
Pehraps it will be nice to change the way to "serialize" System.properties.

*         The second problem is strange, very strange. If I'm making a call to Ignite.start
in @Before or using a @Inject in the test class (that use the @Produce that make the call
to start(), everything is ok. But if the start is called in the @Test method (so after ApplicationComposer
has made some things), Ignite is "locked".

o   Precisely in IgniteKernel.java:917  :

// Start discovery manager last to make sure that grid is fully initialized.

                The call to  this method never exit.

Any idea to help me to understand ? Anybody has tried to use Ignite with EE or CDI ?

intended solely for the intended addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error,or are not the intended recipient(s),
please delete it and any copies from your systems and immediately notify
the sender. Any unauthorized view, use that does not comply with its purpose,
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited. Since the internet
cannot guarantee the integrity of this message which may not be reliable, BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall not be liable for the message if modified, changed or falsified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary,consider the environment.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur ou s'il ne vous est pas destine,
merci de le detruire ainsi que toute copie de votre systeme et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute lecture non autorisee, toute utilisation de
ce message qui n'est pas conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite. L'Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer
l'integrite de ce message electronique susceptible d'alteration, BNP Paribas
(et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message dans l'hypothese
ou il aurait ete modifie, deforme ou falsifie.
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire, pensez a l'environnement.

View raw message