ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: TcpDiscoverySpi.setLocalPortRange, value must be > 0
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:52:07 GMT
Hi,

Thank for pointing out to this issue. Local port range set to 0
presently doesn't work at least for TcpCommunicationSpi and
TcpDiscoverySpi. However SPIs support it.

In my understanding the condition has to changed to the following one
(from < to <=).

x = port; x*<=*  port + range

But this will violate the following from
TcpCommunicationSpi.setLocalPortRange

implementation will try to increment the port number for as long as it
is less than * initial value plus this range.

So it means that setLocalPortRange has to be treated a different way and
in fact setLocalPortRange=0 will be the same as setLocalPortRange=1

I've copied the message to @dev list to get more thoughts on this.

Igniters, any thoughts? Should localPortRange=0 work the same as
localPortRange=1?

--
Denis