ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite "bugs" ?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:54:33 GMT
Hy Yann,

My guess it is that TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder hangs on an attempt to
connect to the data source provided in its configuration. Probably your
DB is not reachable from the Ignite node or it generates an error that
is not forwarded to Ignite.
In any case a threads dump knows the answer precisely :)

In regards to System.properties related discussion. In general I'm agree
with the guys that it's not a good idea to incorporate hacks at the
level of Ignite because some other framework uses them violation Java spec.
However I've tried to put a custom objects in System.properties and
could successfully start an Ignite instance without seeing even a
warning. What version of Ignite do you use?

On 1/14/2016 11:41 AM, Yann BLAZART wrote:
> Gotcha....
> This is this part :
>          TcpDiscoverySpi discoverySpi=new TcpDiscoverySpi();
>          TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder ipFinder=new TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder();
>          ipFinder.setDataSource(dataSource);
>          discoverySpi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);
>          config.setDiscoverySpi(discoverySpi);
> When I remove it, and use real tcp discovery, it works.

View raw message