ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Cross Cache Affinity
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 20:06:02 GMT
Hi Vinay,

1) No, it's not advisable to use the same cache for different types of
objects. The example from the article had a mistake. Fixed the example
in a way that every object of an unique type is stored in a specific
cache. Thanks for noting this!

2) Since replicated cache stores a copy of every object on every node
from the cluster there is no need to use affinity keys for objects of a
replicated cache.

3) Correct, the objects should be either collocated (using affinity key)
or stored in a replicated cache.
You can refer to org.apache.ignite.examples.datagrid.CacheQueryExample
to see how affinity collocation works in practice. Pay attention to how
caches are initialized, affinity keys are set up and used in the example
and how distributed SQL query works.