ignite-user mailing list archives

From vinshar <vinsharma.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get cache metrics for all the nodes in cluster combined
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:18:41 GMT
Hi Denis,

Thanks for inputs. I took another run by putting thread sleep before
printing metric and numbers are good now but issue 3 and 4 are still there.
is keeping these numbers 0 in combined metrics from cluster intentional due
to some reason?

Vinay wrote
> 3) putAvgTimeNanos=getAvgTimeNanos=rmvAvgTimeNanos=0.0. Why all put times
> are 0?
> 4) size=keySize=0 in metrics but cache.size() returned 40,000 (which is
> expected with eviction maxSize 20,000 for partitioned cache on 2 server
> node cluster)

Regarding point 5

Denis Magda wrote
> In regards to this
> 5) I got cache instance through ignite.cache(
> <cache name here>
> ). After completion of above process i printed cache.metrics() which was
> all empty although cache.metrics(
> <cluster Grp>
> ) prints above metrics.
> In my understanding cache.metrics() call is done from a client node that
> doesn't hold cache data at all. So the result is expected.

As a client shouldn't there be a way to see metrics of just my client node?
how can i determine frequency of operations being performed on a client
Lets say my client node started facing some network issue causing 200 ms
delay in each request so cache put will take a bit more than 200ms from
client node. will this be reflected in combined cache metrics fetched by
client node? or will combined metrics will just print averages etc with
start time as time when server node got a request from client node?

as cache exists on client node on which client app performs all operations
although internally client node cache sends all data to server node but
still as a client i am performing all operations on client node cache and i
might be interested in metrics just for that node.

Vinay Sharma