ignite-user mailing list archives

From DLopez <d.lope...@gmail.com>
Subject TcpDiscoverySpi.setLocalPortRange, value must be > 0
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:21:16 GMT

While experimenting, as I was trying to just allow specific ports, I set the
LocalPortRange of my configurations to 0. The result was not what I expected
as you end up getting a NPE when starting the cluster. I traced the issue in
the source and the cause is that when opening ports, the routine goes from
the x = port; x < port + range. So you end up with no server socket, and
when you try to listen to it, kaboum.

So I think it might be interesting to clarify the docs, as the current
definition (starting from getLocalPort() up until getLocalPort() +
locPortRange) can be misunderstood and the handling of localport value,
throwing an error if it is set to an incorrect value.

Just to prevent other people having the same issue :). Not a top priority,
of course, but such an easy change can prevent more support messages to the
list to... What do you think?