ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How asynchronous cache is implemented
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 04:49:30 GMT
Hi Antonio,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list, so that the community
receives email notifications? Just follow the simple instruction here:

asi wrote
> HI,
>
> I am new to Apache Ignite.
>
> I am curious how asynchronous cache is implemented. For example, for the
> code:
>
> IgniteCache&lt;String, Integer&gt; asyncCache =
> ignite.cache("mycache").withAsync();
>
> asyncCache.getAndPut("1", 1);
>
> Does the Future object get queued to a queue and processed by a thread
> pool? What is the code that I can look at to understand how it works?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Antonio.

Asynchronous operation in Ignite means that it will not wait for the
network. I.e., if the key is local, it will be actually synchronous, but if
it is mapped to a remote node, it will prepare the request, put it into
communication queue and exit. The future will be completed once the
corresponding response is received.

Makes sense?

-Val