ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about ignite datagrid performance
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:15:14 GMT
Hi qianjian21,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
receives email notifications? Just follow the simple instruction here:

qianjian21 wrote
> i see ignite datagrid use h2 as db engine .h2 is a tiny mem database .it
> is not fit for  big  data large concurrency scenarios.
> i do some sqlFieldsQuery test with 500k rows. single-thread test or
> 10-threads test,only about 40 qps,and the latency upto 4seconds in
> 10-thread test.
> so I'd like to  confirm whether ignite datagrid not fit for big  data
> large concurrency scenarios.

Ignite uses H2 mostly for query parsing and execution planning. Most of its
internal components that are responsible for query execution itself (like
indexes, for example) are customized or completely reworked in Ignite to
provide good performance in concurrent environments. So if you have a
performance degradation when adding threads, it is most likely caused by
something else.

Do you have a test that reproduces the issue? Can you share it with us?

-Val